Thank you for the follow-up question.
There are several reasons I don't like the animal videos:
1. I don't believe they fit in with the content of this site. When most people think of a zit, they rarely think of an animal.
2. The thumbnails can't be "tuned out" and they are often disturbing to me because it is obvious the animal suffered a long time before human intervention. The rest of the site is about humans who can express their pain and seek out help. For me, the animal accounts take the enjoyment out of looking at the other videos.
3. I wonder if the videos are even popular. If only five percent of users look at the videos, perhaps they are not relevant to the site. To me it is the same as having a smoking and an non-smoking section: Have a human and an animal section. You know the videos are still there, but you don't have to view any of the pictures or content while searching through the videos of humans. The animal videos could be listed in the "categories" menu.
4. The premise of this site seems to be entertainment. That is why we love to write and read witty comments on the various videos. Watching gallons of puss come from a cow's teat isn't entertaining or informative to me; it is revolting.
5. If this was a veterinarian site that happened to feature some videos about people, I wouldn't visit it at all.
6. I have no affinity for animals. I was raised around cattle and we had an outside dog but I never liked animals. That may seem a paradox that I don't want to watch animals suffer while I don't care about animals but I really don't want to think about animals at all.
I was just curious to see if many people liked the animal videos and how the animal videos made it onto this site in the first place. I do not expect PTZ to bow to my whims and remove the videos. My thinking was if the majority of people who responded to this post also wanted the animal videos separate from the human videos, possibly the creators of PTZ might listen and consider that option.
Again I must say how impressed I am that I can even post a controversial comment anywhere on the Internet and not have threatening, disgusting, and hurtful remarks made to me. I am a firm believer that the members of this website are cut from a different cloth than other groups. I believe we are here to have fun, pass time, and take our minds off our daily problems. I really enjoy this website and I hope it continues to maintain its integrity for a long time. -Sock Monkey