Moo Goo Gush Pus

cow2

*****STRONG WARNING*****
Removal of Animal, Specifically Cow, Abscess.
~ GUSHING PUS! ~
May Be Very Bothersome
For PTZ’s Sensitive Viewers.
Please Watch At Your Own Discretion
And Remember to Comment With Respect.
Enjoy, and Thank You!
*****WARNING*****

More cow pus, for those who enjoy the gushes you just can’t get anywhere else. Remember, if animal pus isn’t your thing, it is A-OK! :)

popsig2013Summer

YT Commentary:
“This video is for learning purposes and was recorded with permission of the owner!”

TITLE: “Basketball sized abscess on a cow”
YT INFO: Published on Jun 28, 2013 by Allison Bergin

24 Comments on “Moo Goo Gush Pus

1. BoogerKing says:

Natural Smoothie Ingredients!

2. Good Grief!! How many liters was in there? It went on forever!

1. If I had grammar, I’d say How many liters WERE in there…..but hey, I just write for a living.

You’re funny!

Obviously members of the 4H Club…. Head, Hands, Heart, Humongous cow zits.

4. Wow! That was almost as big as the one on that old guy’s back….but this kid was a much more efficient popper.

5. wowza!! I understand mastitis, but this looks like the side of the leg. Wonder what caused it?

6. princesspustule says:

I would have to say that was about 5 or 6 gallons of pus. That looked like one heck of a strawberry milk shake. I wonder why they let those get so big before they pop them. I know they milk them everyday so, they have to see how swollen the leg is. I don’t know, I’m not a farmer and sure wouldn’t want to be one. That is hard work that don’t pay well anymore. Those folks work their a$$ off from sun up to sun down and then some. Oh well it was a awsome video, thanks for letting us sneak a peek I enjoyed it.

7. prunesquallor says:

I watched this video out of curiosity tonight. I’m not much for watching animal pus videos, and I’m unable to provide a definitive reason why. I thought at length about it after watching this video, and I came to the conclusion I have more empathy for an animal, then for a human. I think as humans, we have more choice as what track our individual, and collective futures take. Animals, especially farm animals, rely on us, and trust we treat them with as much respect, and empathy, any good stewart should. When I see an animal in this state, it begs the question, “Why did you not see this when it was half the size?” There are many dimensions to farming and ranching that I am unaware of. To comment any further on this subject, would only serve to show my ignorance. Ignorance is not bliss. It is ignorance. This is where my empathetic side takes over. I just don’t get the same thrill from watching this cow having a super size abscess finally taken care of. The amount of pus was much too over the top for me. Give me a Dr. Yadav blackhead video any day. I know I’m setting myself up for a few dislikes, however, know I am not against anyone videoing, or watching these topics. We are an eclectic lot here at PTZ. So, if you must dislike my comment, I hope you will give your reasons for liking it. The free flow of constructive, and instructive debate, is what we all desire. Who knows, you just might bring me around to a new dimension of popping. Until then, pop on.
    Caio Prunesquallor

1. i understand your comments completely, the problem is not that they are not checking the animals over, the problem is simply how super fast these things develop. just think an udder can make 10 gallons twice a day in some cows, so developing a mere 5 gallons of blood/water/pus/and various other body fluids for fighting illness when the body sustains a wound is not a problem and doesn’t take more than about 3-5 hours.
      so you see that last night when they milked the cow she was perfect.
      but sometime during the night she bumped into one of her friends or got a cut from something sharp in a stall or anything that started a wound(and of course everything is just so STERILE (NOT)) so it got infected and by the time they see it at next milking, whoa look out, look at the size of that!! OK, somebody got a knife, and know how to use it??

8. poppintime, are we to surmise they wait until these things get big enough to make a nifty video? I just don’t understand why they think a cow wouldn’t be suffering from the pain. Perhaps I am ignorant.

9. feed that animal, she is as skinny as a coathanger.

10. Come(un)done says:

I realize this is the opposite of my usual stance, but I just can’t believe the guy did that without gloves… O_o

1. C’mon man!!! Stick that ungloved hand in there and pull out the sac pieces!!!
      Excellent find poppintime!!!

11. Please don’t beat up on farmers. I’ve worked on farms since I was a teen – helped put myself through nursing school at an Ivy that way. Cows as well as horses. Dairy is backbreaking work that gets tougher every year. Subsidies don’t make it easier on the farmer.

These things blow up in a hurry. There aren’t always sacs. Are you going to wait the extra two hours round trip it might take to drive to town to get gloves? Things aren’t close by all the time and people don’t imagine they are available and the vets don’t use them either most of the time. People do their own vetting. They do what works, what they’ve been shown by the vets, shown by other people. Unlike the many debacle of home popping, lancing abscesses on farm animals works.

Does the cow need more groceries? She’s got an abscess that might be chronic… she might not be a ‘good keeper’… we don’t have any idea, who are we to judge?

With all my knowledge and access to the best vet care please come judge me and my hypothyroid Basenji girl dog that is as round as a roast turkey and a Welsh pony that is sleek enough for the race track – all I need to do is switch their body types and things would be perfect (and maybe someone could get pregnant for me this year.)

sorry to rant….

1. The Vets said that the lump grew up due to a bruise against a cow pen. I wonder when they primp their leg as it pours out. It reminded me of the amount of pus that came out of that poor guy’s back in Georgia.

12. Put it in a butter churner and make some pus butter…putter…Land o’ Pus Lakes.

13. Whatever you may think about the person making the cut, at least he had the sense to make the incision at the bottom of the abcess. In so many of these, the incision is made half way up, which makes complete drainage almost impossible.

14. I have to say that videos like this actually serve a purpose for me as a big-game hunter. I see so many animals in farms with such access areas and injuries and yet they wind up as your Big-Mac down the road. What I take for the deep-freezer has NEVER been shot up with steroids, antibiotics, lived in filth or butchered inhumanely (That is a video you do not want to see I assure you) I put a round through an aged bull that will not mate nor likely survive another winter so I’m sort of looking at it as a “checks and balances” thing. I show people videos from here and they are freaked beyond belief. Then they see my pictures of a hunt. Really- would you prefer your steak to come from an Alaskan mountain (Usually elk or big-horn) or a place such as this…. Great video and thanks for posting it and I will be using it to educate the anti-hunters still. Would you want that flank? you do know it would not be wasted regardless….. I’ll pass.. Plus when I field dress an animal I can immediately see if there is anything of concern (i.e. worms, cancers, etc) Sorry to rant but I just thought I’d share another positive use for the video’s posted here… Keep em’ coming….

1. I completely agree with you Popamatic, an animal hunted from the wild when killed properly, has had a better life and death than most farm animals, but there is a place in the world for farmed produce, the knack is getting the balance right between GM food (which should be banned worldwide), good animal husbandry and practice, and the produce being affordable to average consumers. At the end of the day, not everyone has the ability, availability of land to do so or time to go hunting there own food, and it wouldnt be sustainable if everyone did! A lad i know used to work in a butchers shop, if an abcess was found in meat it would be cut out,the meat washed and then sold, so your right in what you say about shop bought meat.

1. Thanks Ben… I was expecting to get bashed on my comment but I know exactly about what you are saying about if something is found they cut around it and if it’s not tossed it’s a hot-dog… I am lucky enough to have land to hunt all over the states that others own and I pay for the use of the land and most of the time the land-owners ask for some of the more prime cuts – to which I have NO problem giving them as they are in agreement with us and the GM meats and what goes on behind the slaughter house doors… You should really hear some of the stupid shit people say to me like “You dont need to hunt, you can get it already from the store” Like it grows on trees… Interesting folks… I imagine you have seen some gross stuff get cut out and then cleaned and put out on the display… None the wiser… Like I said. I know what I am eating is not going to cause me to sprout a third eye or give me cancer from god knows what they are injected and fed with….. Thanks for the support Sir..

2. Regarding using an infected animal for food, an independent farmer would not. He could not afford the liability. Something like ConAgra or Tyson? I couldn’t tell you. If you can support a locally sourced butcher, your chances are much better of getting something quality. The smaller the business, the more they have to watch their backs.

15. As a kid raised on a dairy farm, calling in a vet was usually a kind of last ditch effort if the animal was suffering. Farmers are pretty adept at diagnosing and treating most things, because it’s cheaper than having a vet come out. Same thing with a mechanic or a carpenter. A dairy farm of any size would have many more cows to replace this one, and this was was probably quarantined when the thing started getting obviously sick. First try cheap oral antibiotics, and if that does not work, call the vet to see if the cow is worth saving. Because if it isn’t producing milk, it’s costing money. Double especially if it needs more drugs and there is no guarantee of it’s return to production.

We had a freezer full of veal growing up. A dairy farm just does not need that many bulls. Half the calves are bulls. Unless it’s a special bloodline, it has to produce more than it eats. Period. It’s a business.

16. Thats how milkshakes are made