House Of Weird: “Roe Deer – Nasal Botflies!” *GRAPHIC*

***WARNING!***
Unusual Subject Matter
AND Botfly Larvae Infestation!
Some May Find Content WAY Too Graphic
Sensitive Viewers, Take Heed!
Viewer Discretion Is Strongly Advised!
***WARNING***

PLEASE READ: This is a video that contains the skull remains of a Roe Deer buck that was shot by a hunter. It is fascinating information on a condition, or form of Myiasis, I never had heard of before. However, there are people who aer sensitive about hunting. So, consider if you want to watch this video, use mute, not read the Commentary below, etc.

We at PTZ do care about all our viewers. Oh, and this video goes out to my friend whom I promised long ago to post the coolest Botfly video ever. I hope this suffices!!!

~ Your PTZ Staff

YT Commentary:
“I always say people are missing out not boiling out their trophies :-) This is the head of the buck I shot earlier ( “Roebuck missed.. and hit” http://youtu.be/eigYL8RALNI ). There was absolutely no reaction from the buck on the first shot, was this the reason why? Quite possible…
This is not the first roebuck with nasal bot larvae I boiled out. They are more common in some areas I stalk and not really present elsewhere. I find mainly roe from forestry and wet areas got nasal bot flies infested. I never found any in farmland roe. That one was quite bad as there was over 50 large larvae inside buck’s nose/throat area. Must have been causing him major irritation. His body weight was below average, but I have seen roebucks with nasal bot larvae in much worse condition.
I must say we watched the buck for a while before shooting and he was behaving normally (except not reacting to missed shot). Usually bucks with nasal bot flies cough and sneeze, shake head, later change coat, have scruffy coat or are missing some etc, but not this one.
Not the prettiest sight, I know, but if you are a roe stalker as I am, this is part of the sport. Roe deer are fascinating species.

FMI: http://roestalker.co.uk/nasal-bot-fly-infestation-in-roe-deer/

TITLE: “Nasal bot fly infestation in roe deer”
YT INFO: Published on Jun 24,2012 by gregloginway

15 Comments on “House Of Weird: “Roe Deer – Nasal Botflies!” *GRAPHIC*

Today on IRON CHEF the secret ingredient is ……………….

2. comedoness says:

Mind boggling…

1. justsqueezit says:

Geeze, these Frat pledges are doing some weird quests these days….

2. justsqueezit says:

I think it’s more mind-wriggling, Comedoness…

3. Nice Find Cyster! Xoxoxoxo!

4. goodtimebob says:

That is one pot of soup I have no interest in. Typical British cooking.

5. Didnt even know botflies existed here in the U.K.! The skull is boiled to clean it for mounting on the wall BTW. Just a word on deer numbers here, we have over a million in the wild now, severly damaging woodland and causing road accidents. As the U.K. is a small island, eventually the government will have to start culling anyway. Sorry but its a fact.

1. Whoever gave me a negative for writing a factual, not opinionated, comment, please let me know, cos im baffled! If your against hunting, fine, but at least let me know!

6. holybejesis says:

This is why I never EVER order the ‘soup of the day’

7. NMGAPAOH says:

A whole new meaning to a surprise in the middle!

8. zittylover says:

it is crappy!
    0 star XD

9. Poor animal! :(

10. pussbuster says:

After seeing this I was curious if this is a recent phenomenon or has it always been happening and I just never heard about it.
    According to Wikipedia this has been happening to deer for hundreds of years.
    In some cultures when the botflies are found while butchering a deer they are thought of as a delicacy. Yum-Yum.

11. Don’t you know it had to be very miserable when it was alive. I am glad they were killed, All the wouldbe bot flies.

12. It looked to me like that whole nasal cavity was clogged with these things. Imagine those all wriggling against each other to survive. Poor host creature. I do enjoy these types of videos from time to time, but that guy who was taking these out was too handy with them. Sure, they are dead and boiled, but holding them while taking them out and putting them back into his hands AFTER putting them in the pot was messed up!