Short, But Oh So Sweet Relief!!

I did the proper search & couldn’t find this short, but sweet video here on PTZ! And I couldn’t let the PTZ community miss a good pus video! ;-) This poor gal has a MRSA infection on her hand & it looks extremely angry! We don’t get to see the entire draining, but what they were kind enough to video is great! :-D The video is short in length, but certainly not short on pus! ;-) Hope y’all enjoy! HAPPY POPPING!! :-D

~~~ WARNING! ~~~
Professional Surgical Drainage of MRSA Abscess
Located on the Hand – Blood Is Involved.
Viewer Discretion Strongly Advised.
~~~ WARNING! ~~~

YT COMMENTARY:
“My sister had a golf ball sized chunk of infections goo removed in the hospital @ New Smyrna Beach, FL USA”

TITLE: “MRSA Removal IPhone 4 HD OUCH! Florida, USA”
YT INFO: Published on Oct 24,2010 by Seth Klette

25 Comments on “Short, But Oh So Sweet Relief!!

1. unclelarry says:

Nice I&D. MRSA is nasty stuff and I’m sure she felt better afterwards. Thanks BP. Good post. :)

2. Personally I think that they should have knocked her so she wouldn’t feel it. I so felt for her and hope that she is much better now the poor girl. Nice payload and find anyway

1. I know it is a lovely idea that someone in pain from a horrible infection like that could be under for the whole painful procedure and wake up all better. But general anesthesia is dangerous. I know it is used every day with no problems on thousands of people, but that doesn’t mean there is no inherent risk in its use. There is a reason why doctors try all medical interventions before surgery. Putting a patient under general anesthesia for a minor procedure that only takes a few minutes, like an I&D, would be taking an unnecessary risk, and doctors cannot do that. Just stuff I picked up in my former professional life as a medical malpractice defense paralegal. :)

But I am totally and completely with you, Rose, I felt so terribly for her because she so obviously was in pain. And we know pain. Sigh. Hope she’s recovered now and it’s just a bad memory now!

1. yes, but what about a good dose of valium or something – like they use up here for doing colonoscopies? I’m known for being a bit of a misanthrope, but really – how about some laughing gas? You go to the hospital for help, then cry “no!” when the doc comes at you? Seems kind of medieval to me.

2. Insurance probably wouldn’t pay for anything accept lidocaine, which wouldn’t have much effect on an infected site like that.

3. As tight as her hand was, I don’t blame her for hollerin’!!!
    Excellent find Buford P!!!

There is a longer version of this video out there somewhere! It was posted here a couple of years ago. Hey, I’m always up for a refresher of an awesome video!! Any time and I’m happy! :) Thanks for posting Buford pus-er

1. pussbuster says:

I wasn’t sure I saw this before till I heard the sound of voice.
      It’s weird I remember that more that what she looks like.
      There is a long version.

I think it’s good to re-show old video’s,
      there’s hundred of great video’s in the archives.
      I think it would be a good idea to start at very first one, and show one a day or a couple at a time, or something like Friday night oldies, and put a few of them up.
      Just a thought.

5. Nice find Buford!
    I felt so sorry for her. She was in so much pain. I wish Doctors would explain that the numbing medications only work on the skin and not inside the infection. Broke my heart when she was asking for more pain relief.

1. oh wow that explains alot. yeah i wish someone was there to hold the other hand. popping should be a relief experience, getting all the gunk out.

6. I try not to watch the procedure in hopes that it will hurt less. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

7. Oh, ouchie! What an infection and what a place to have it! I felt so badly for her since she was in so much pain. It was one of those infections where there was going to be some pain, no matter what. I was glad to hear the doctor say that he was going to stop for awhile as the camera was cutting out. It was generous of her to share that difficult moment with us.

And it was awesome of you to find that moment for us, Buford! It was short, but man-o-man was it sweet! Thank you, my friend.

8. holybejesis says:

A little pain medication wouldn’t have killed them. How hard is it to give a couple of percosets? Compassion? Eh?

We thank you for your pus, but sorry for your pain…………..

10. Zit Obsessed says:

I thought the MD had a good bedside manner. He pacified the patient, waited and gave her time to breathe. Of course it’s going to hurt, but then it will feel better in the long run. Perhaps give her a morphine injection during the procedure or a Ketorolac injection and Percocet afterwards for home.

11. Popthatpus says:

I wish we did here what they do in the UK. They still use nitrous oxide (laughing gas) with frequency when it comes to more painful procedures that don’t warrant general anesthesia. I’ve watched “Bizarre ER” quite a few times, and when they’re setting bones and stuff, they give them laughing gas to take the edge off. She could DEFINITELY have used something to take the edge off. Poor girl!

12. poor girl – I think I saw needle marks.

13. Thanks for the find, Buford. That was a tough one to watch, because she was in so much pain. I hope she had a quick recovery.

14. yankeedoodlepus says:

gooey………..

painful

15. justsqueezit says:

I know I’ll get yelled at here, but kids haven’t learned to suck it up yet… Like the Dr. Spencer said, general is a risk, lots of nerves and pressure with the cellulitis, etc, topical only does so much… There’s a difference between acute and chronic pain; at least with treatment here it should just be a memory… There is NO guarantee that any procedure will be pain free; there is only so much that can be done, and giving her a break was actually quite thoughtful on the docs part… Just in case – YES, I know what it is like to live with chronic pain, and have had more than a few episodes of acute. Sometimes ya just gotta bite the bullet…

1. I couldn’t have said it better myself Squeezit, sometimes there’s nothing that you can do in regards to pain, I’ve been dealing with chronic pain for the last 5 1/2 years. I’ve had infections in my fingers right on the joints where even the bone was infected, and they had to essentially butterfly it open to clean the wound out, they gave me some lidocaine which helped a little, all in all it was extremely painful I didn’t make a sound I understand for some people shouting or hollering might help. Honestly more often than not it’s more of a hindrance than anything, when the doctor is trying to do a precise procedure albeit a small one he doesn’t need you hollering in his face to add to the stress of it. I saw a couple people post about giving her Valium or Percocet, a doctor can’t just give you a couple of percocet or valium, this procedure looked as if it was done in a regular Dr. Office, Dr’s aren’t allowed to carry drugs like that on them, nor are they able to just give them out like candy, 30 or 40 years ago maybe, not in today’s medical world not a chance in hell. This was a very simple I&D, to go through all of the hoops of getting this person sedated and yada yada would be a complete waste of resources, going through those measures is why everything is so bloody expensive these days, it seems like people want to be put under to have a freaking sliver removed.. I’m not trying to sound insensitive but it’s the world we live in.

1. justsqueezit says:

I prefer swearing when getting my stuff done; I cited a study once that was done in the UK that showed swearing DOES help with lessening pain… So, longshoremen, cover your ears…

16. I am confused: Couldn’t local anesthesia have been used on the patient? Or had some been administered but it was not effective enough in killing all the pain because of the extent of the infection? Any insights from my more knowledgable poppers would be welcome.

That said, the color of the pus was be-ah-tiful.

17. Poor girl! That looked very painful, however, I imagine that the relief from the draining she felt was worth it.