Gambian Grown Mangoworms

****WARNING!!!****
Myiasis is a Parasitic Infestation of Fly Larva
This Video Contains Images and Possibly
The Extraction of These Larva
From Humans or Animals
Sensitive Viewers Take Heed
Strongest Discretion Is Advised!
****WARNING!!!****

Another set of those nasty little burrowing parasitic buggers being manually extracted from there non too happy host. Hats off to the doctor and his dedicated staff for caring for so many animals – pets, Village animals, and strays will all find comfort and care at the Vet Clinic Gambia. :)

Pop ‘em OUT!

TITLE: “Madiba-Mangoworms”
YT INFO: Published on Mar 1,2013 by VetClinicGambia

16 Comments on “Gambian Grown Mangoworms

1. What an excellent video! I feel for the poor animal who has them, but I found that more satsfying than a blackhead being popped. The way they flew out made me think MORE, MORE!

2. I think I know what I’m going to do after I retire and the kids have moved out!

1. justsqueezit says:

I’m with you – I wanted to be a baby rocker at the hospitals, but now I am torn – which would give me more satisfaction, cuddling babies, or seeing how far I can make those maggots fly?

Do you suppose that pooch was the one in past videos from that clinic? His name was Lucky (which is the least appropriate name for this mutt).

1. Popamatic says:

I thought the same thing- Looks identical to me as well as the clinic

4. Unfortunately insects are species that is best adapted for life on Earth.

We would parish in one year without insects………….

5. bumpypickins says:

If I had a dog there, it would never be allowed out of the house. Maybe with booties on. No sitting down outside, though.

1. goodtimebob says:

There is a medication that can prevent mangoworms. But most folks in Gambia are too poor to buy it. At least the maggots don’t have hooks like botflies. When you pull out a botfly it hurts the host. After seeing several of these videos the only pain seems to be the act of pinching. There is also a video out there of human infestations. A group of high school age girls who went to Africa on a mission. They were really grossed out but it didn’t seem to hurt them as the maggots were squeezed out.

1. I watched that video a number of times and what I remember the most is the one girl with like 10 of em was in massive tears with removal. Plus the areas where they were were very infected as well so maybe that’s why??? Maybe it’s worse in humans?? Heck, I dunno. I cried watchin her.
        I like the video where “Lucky” eats his worms after they come out but removing thim didn’t seem to hurt at all. Sort of at a loss…..just know I like watchin. Thanks for the video.

6. What a sad situation for poor pooch, but at least he is getting help. I wish they could eradicate that nasty species once and for all. I know I wouldn’t mind if that meant no more mangoworm posts. I could survive on nasal myiasis posts…thanks so much, Halphie, for all you do to keep us happy.

7. I can’t watch the worms or bot flies – I want to cry for these poor animals. I wish there was some way to eradicate those nasty bugs once and for all!

8. WOW THESE THINGS ARE SO WICKED POOR PUP

1. Gambia is in west africa and is surrounded by senegal it is a 3rd world country but very beautiful i have been there twice

9. How can i offer my services for a few weeks have a slight mobility problem but would sit all day doing this