Helping Heal the Hamster Head…

***** WARNING!! *****
Graphic Animal Surgery!!
Sensitive Members, Please Consider Carefully…
Viewer Discretion Is Advised!
***** WARNING!! ******

Please heed the warning… this is a hamster who is very sick, as illustrated by the large abscess being drained of such thick pus. To orient you during this short video – there is an ear on each side of the swelling, and the abscess pretty much obscures seeing the eyes from the camera angle, but they aren’t covered by the affected area at least. I am just happy this little guy (or gal) is getting vet treatment, since many people unfortunately neglect “pocket pets.”

Prayers for this hamster’s health and healing!

TITLE: “Hamster Abscess”
YT INFO: Published on Jan 04,2013 by JeepPhil02

27 Comments on “Helping Heal the Hamster Head…

Get better Skippy!

2. Yipes! How could such a teensy critter store such a huge load of goop? Here’s hoping it will be back to its daily hamster schedule.

3. My goodness, the pus weighed more than the poor little hamster! I hope that the little guy is all right now.

1. Yes, unfortunately small animals don’t do well with infections because of the small body mass to try and fight them off. Hope he lived to run in his little plastic ball another day.

4. crylittlecyster says:

he also needs a tooth clipping. Oh man poor baby.

1. I noticed those horrid teeth, too. I hate to say it but that’s one neglected little furball.

5. It is a rodent. nice pus but…………… My cousin users to feed them to his snake. Go ahead and call me heartless but I guess if you were feeding it to your snake you would want to get that yucky pus out first.

(I bet this comment is hidden by morning)

6. I think that little mouse just joined the Puskateer Club.

7. Gliss-PussBliss says:

That the puss that was extracted is larger in size then the Hamsters head!!!!

WOW!!

8. invisible zipper says:

Yeah, the little guy did look neglected. I hope they find him a better home. Should be easier now that he’s down to one head :-)

9. We had a wonderful hamster named Daisy who was very well cared for. She always had a clean cage, fresh water and a variety of food. She loved to snuggle with us and run around in her ball. Her teeth were fine due to lots of chewing material.

She got one of these on her bottom. In just a matter of days it went from a wee lump to being black and crusted and exploded. It looked a lot like this one, just bigger. We gave her antibiotics 3 times daily, two trips to the vet for wound cleaning along with daily care. It’s a pretty sad outcome for a little pocket pet. 9 days after the first sign of a bump she died in my hand, snuggled up in a towel. Hamsters are prone to these, and they are too little to deal with them. It comes from far too much over breeding.

1. I have a hamster called; “Pardoes”. And i know how you feel. And, unlike a comment about food for a snake, children love these critters to. I know that a snake needs to eat too, but commenting on a video of a hamster with a cyst on his/her head getting squized, that it’s food for a snake? Come on, maybe this hamster was the pet of a little girl or boy. And maybe this hamster died and the kid cried for days about it! That’s why the warning sometimes says: COMMENT WITH RESPECT. Only not in this case, strange.

10. Poor little guy. I’m hoping that he made a full recovery

11. poor thang…….

12. That must have been one helluva fight in the hamster cage the night before!!!
    Excellent find H.S.!!!

13. I bet its gonna hurt when he or she wacks up,poor thing

14. Poor little hammy, i hope he or she survived, you have to look after these little pets carefully x

Aww, poor little critters got a big boo boo on its head! Looks like it was growing a lot longer than it should have. At the very least, it’s finally done. Video was very short so I hope they got the sac out or we’ll be seeing more hamster than we want to! Thanks for posting Halph Staph! Awesome! xoxoxo

16. Those where it’s teeth….oh my. I’ve had 4 gerbils and 1 hampster…all at the same time. I would never let them get this bad. Poor budy. I know so many homes he can go to

17. Zit Obsessed says:

To Halph Staph,
    What a nice intro to this video.
    To PTZ lovers,
    Can you believe the amount of pus for such a small animal? It’s like 1/3rd of his entire body! Of course, this is an exaggeration, but you get my drift.
    Good video. I hope the little guy is better by now.

18. On a human, such a cyst would at least have the size of the ball used in handball. And imagine that much gack coming out.

It would be like the second coming for us!

19. Poor little guy.

20. princesspustule says:

This poor little guy has a vicious looking grill (mouth)as well as a bad looking infection on his head. That was some great pus. I hope he is okay. I hate to see animals in pain. They cant do anything about it unless they have an owner that will take care of them.Yes, I agree pocket pets do get left out of being cared for as much as their other animal buddies. Hopefully he will get better. I advise to stay away from those wicked teeth though. They look like they could take a finger off.

21. austinclaire says:

Oh, poor baby. : (
    I’m a hamster mom, and that breaks my heart to see that poor little one so sick. Hope he/she made a full recovery.

22. Now that Skip,feels much better let him play with the Neighbour’s Cat!!!lol