What’s In the Cyst That Was In My Head?

A nice scalp cyst – I am still fuzzy on at what point an ordinary cyst becomes a Pilar Cyst. Is every scalp cyst a pilar? I guess it doesn’t really matter as long as there is pus, right? he he he

But the bonus here is that the doctor not only opens up the cyst sac after removal… he plays with it too! I think I’m in love! *mushy gooey starry eyed*

Just Pop It!

What lies within the cyst
Uploaded by deborahjo71 on Nov 23, 2011

48 Comments on “What’s In the Cyst That Was In My Head?

1. What a great doctor! Good little head cyst and I liked that he opened it up. He’s gotta be one of us! Thanks Halph for the treat! Happy Family movies are the best! (not a scream, not a curse, not a camera shake yeah!)

1. and I cracked up, at the end he said “awesomeR”

That was pretty funny. I was thinking maybe he was being a little bit flirty with the mom…..ya think? I loved the cyst though!!

2. My kinda guy! flicked the empty sac, as if to say “you’re finished”

(no sound)

great nugget Halphy!

May you and yours have a lovely New England Thanksgiving…

1. Right,heh!!!!
      What a nice Doc!Seriously!

Not only for the “sac thing”,for his overall reaction!Mosdef the COOL Doc of the day ;)

Hi MomE :)

Tnx for the post HS.

2. Gotta love a surgeon on a mission…:-)

To you and your’s as well MomE!

1. Thanks ever so much Mr T.

That was a nice holiday treat! Thanks HS for all the time and effort you put into posting all these videos for all of us! Is anyone out there a closet peeper or pooper like me? Just wondering……lol
    Happy Thanksgiving & No Drinking And Driving!!!!

Omg! I ment popper not pooper!!! Lol

4. That was a wonderful empty hole left behind. I love it when it comes out so clean like that. MrsTeee

5. Splatter Man says:

Cool to see the sac opened and examined.

6. Happy Thanksgiving to all the puss fans out there. I’m thankful for is ptz and the people that post the videos. You bring some entertainment into my life.

Yes Dweedwaa, we are truly a blessed bunch………………

7. The Doc was our kinda person playing with the sac and giving us a look-see!
    Excellent find H.S.!!!

1. You are absolutly right my friend.He was really cool!(not only for the sac tho) lol.

8. great cyst removal pretty clean,nice egg

9. That was great! I loved how the doctor said, “This is going on Youtube, right?”

10. The doc deserves a PTZ award for being the coolest doc of the year. He was actually giddy with delight while extracting that critter. Wonderful post HS. Thanks.

11. My type of doctor! Absolutely loved everything about this. Great cyst removal with a “vitural tour” of the cyst afterwards. Awesome patient and terrific camera person. Bravo to H.S. in finding and posting this!

12. yankeedoodlepus says:

Awesome , THanks!

I am thankfull for this site, all you folks, and all the goodies we get here every day!

13. Nice find HS! Love it when the doctor cuts it open lol!

14. Halph, as a grower of scalp and other cysts, I’m pretty sure that all (or almost all) scalp cysts are pilars. They’re definitely in deeper than other cysts, and they never just pop without an incision (and not just a little nick either). Once you start growing one of these things, it’s with you for good till it’s removed. Whereas the ones in my armpits sometimes come to a head on their own, even without an infection. I’ve never seen an armpit sit on PTZ that’s not an abscess, but mine are just like the regular non-infected sebaceous cysts we see here all the time on backs etc.

It’s so nice to have a place where my expertise can come in handy. And to the above poster who asks if they’re the only closet aficionado of these videos – so am I. My kids know that I want to pop their blackheads, and I know it’s not happening. If they knew that I often log on at night to watch a few pops to wind down before sleep, they would be beyond disgusted.

Aren’t the interwebs wonderful?

15. Aussie Cyster says:

great cyst, great doc, great post… just great!

16. What a great video! You’ve got to love a doc who plays with the pus and sac…he’s one of us! How great is that? Thanks HS for the fun post! :)

17. That was delightful!

18. What a great doctor! I am a closet peeper and popper. Only my hubby knows and I’d be horrified if my friends knew!

19. Loved how the sac got pulled out…awesome :)

20. This was an excellent video Halph, Happy Thanksgiving to all our American PTZ’rs !

21. Head nuggets, my favorite.

22. They named it Wilbur. Did you notice when the doctor spanked it at the end? That was great.

23. I love this doctor! The sac removal was my favorite part.

24. Love it! woohoo!

25. Love it! woohoo!

26. I am also white and chunky..just saying…the Doc rocked!!

27. Now THAT’S my kind of doctor!

28. I loved how the doctor named the cyst Wilber and was even made jokes about her having a hole in her head. 5 stars to the doctor on this one.

29. bighandsbigzits says:

Maybe I am wrong, but it would seem to me that with pilar cysts, extraction seems to be generally easier than with sebacteous cysts Could this be due to the fact that, from what I have observed, there is no physical connection between the cyst and the hole for pilars?

30. Being a Surgical Nurse R.N I have had the opportunity to work and assist many great Surgeons in the o,r and ,as well as with other Doctors in the E.R and Trauma units. And though they are great in what they do that is their specialties, alot I am sad to say leave much to be desired in the “nice” “great bed side manner” dept. LOL.. they should take lessons from this Doc,,His manner with his patients is uplifting and leaves you feelong just plain ole happy!! If only all Doctors could be this way, more of us Nurses would be happier in our field

31. mysecrettwo says:

@3cysterscafe

Why do you think my “handle” is “mysecrettwo”? *grin*

And since my PTZ membership is somewhat secret, I choose not to “like” the FB page for PTZ. Sorry, Emilbus & Halph.

I am completely in the dark on this! I have no clue what you’re talking about, please explain!

32. NMGAPAOH says:

A doctor who is a PTZer in disguise.

33. I WANT THAT DOCTOR! great find

34. cybersharque says:

Hmm, I missed this post. Neat cyst, scary physician. I would like to hunt down the residents who taught this guy’s surgical rotation, and slap them silly.
    The idea of injecting lido into the incision is just….wrong. Wrong. Maybe the anaesthesia wasn’t enough, but what was done here is … just wrong in more ways than I care to articulate.
    What you’re supposed to do, when you’re doing this right, is to do a Field Block. You identify the points of a six-pointed star that straddles the operative site, at least 5mm outside the cyst zone that you marked with a pen before (BEFORE) you injected the anaesthetic. (Oops) Then you leave the pt and do something else for 15 minutes, because that’s how long it takes for lido to take effect.

Another reason why I would slap those people silly: epinephrine. Lido with epi produces a really profound, long-lasting anaesthesia, and it reduces blood loss through major blood vessel restriction. There’s too much blood in the field for epi to have been used–unless the anaesthesia was completely inadequate, which may have been the real problem. The desperate intralesional injection may have been an attempt to redress the problem.

The way he uses the haemostat is original. Not very good, but it gets point for originality.

Me no like this physician. I would keep an eye on him if I were his practice’s risk manager.

35. That emerging cyst surprised me like a rabbit out of a hat! Fine points of procedure is lost on me – I quite enjoyed it!

36. Halphie, it’s so much more fun when everyone is getting along, and nobody is screaming, swearing or gagging…my kind of enjoyment!!! Thanks for bringing this one back.