Diabetic Abscess

This is what can happen to you if you don’t take care of your blood sugar levels!

937 views

23 Comments on “Diabetic Abscess

1. Ay, man. That poor guy.

2. Innaffitoften says:

Yeah, having diabetes seems so difficult. All that poking and checking, eating just right etc. I feel for people that have it, but I will never understand not keeping it in check. There are way too many horror stories like this one, that would keep me from letting this disease go “unchecked”.

3. This guy was lucky not to be totally disfigured. He had a very good surgeon. I hope he will keep his numbers checked from now on.

4. Great find Datentime…I looked at the beginning but passed and its def my loss! Now I have to start watching them as well as listening to them!!! You are on a roll girly girl keep it up!
    Hey Inna!!!

5. If you have Type II Diabetes, it can be controlled, and eventually it will go away, if you lose weight. With Type I Diabetes and also known as juvenile diabetes, it’s pretty much a death sentence.

6. poor guy…..

7. Stephanie? Where are you getting your information about Diabetes I? These days there are fewer deaths than ever with the great strides made in diabetic care. Many of those with juvenile diabetes are living longer and healthier lives if they do the things people with diabetes II need to do… take care of themselves! Insulin pumps, easier ways to take sugar readings, even transplants are lengthening lives instead of taking them away.
    I have Type II as does my father-in-law. He was diagnosed when his sugars were 500. THOSE used to mean death sentences. But now those high numbers are easier to keep down. He’s had bypass heart surgery but because of insulin and treatment, he has lived over 30 years with this disease, and a fairly healthy 30 years at that. He’s in his 80s now. I knew people who had Type II diabetes who barely made it past 10 years of having it.
    Things like the infection in this video happen mainly because people do not see their doctor regularly for checkups and they don’t take their meds. Many people “let things go” because they are “scared” of what the doctor is going to tell them they “can’t” do. THIS is the death sentence.
    The American Diabetes Association has a wonderful website where all kinds of information can be found… http://www.diabetes.org
    Oh, BTW, this vid was on our website but was taken down by the user. Thanks for finding it and posting it again!

8. poppinfresh says:

I hope this poor gentlemen gets back on his regimen.
    Type I diabetes runs in my family. I know that those who have the disease sometimes get so tired of the monitoring, the meds, the self-discipline, the constantly having to worry about it that every once in the while they say the hell with it and throw caution to the wind. Unfortunately, problems can develop very quickly.

9. < Type II runs in the family. So does being fat. I don't take insulin but i do take other meds to keep it under my thumb. Intresting find datentime, good work!

10. snapcracklepop says:

If you’re a type 1 diabetic it can be extremely hard to maintain healthy blood glucose levels, even if you are following the ADA diet. I hope he continues to heal well and still has his fingers and toes.

11. magna-cum-pus says:

brutal

12. Diabetes is an absolute nightmare of a disease. As we saw it affects your immune system in horrendous ways making simple infections life threatening. Medications that had been working can lose effectiveness. Stress can mess with blood sugar levels. The diet can be a nightmare. I have a friend who became a type I diabetic after a severe reaction to medication(no kidding, huh?) at 41. And I’ve watched a family friend deal with it for over 20 years. I have great respect for everyone with diabetes who keeps their blood sugars in check. I don’t know if I would be able to have the self discipline.

13. Sir Pick-a-lot says:

right on DeadFace is my favorite bat-villian!

14. Diabetes is nothing to screw around with. We’re lucky enough to live in this century where we can do so much about it, people really need to avail themselves of the medical technology. I can’t even imagine how horrible it must have been for people for thousands of years that were diabetic and just doomed to go blind, lose their extremities, and die very early.

15. Sorry to doublepost, but I just noted they said ‘aggressive flesh-eating bacteria’. I hope for his sake they were just talking generally and for effect and didn’t actually mean THE flesh-eating bacteria necrotizing fasciitis! Getting that in a wound on the face… I don’t even want to think about it.

16. bustmybuttons says:

I just wanted to mention that just because he is diabetic doesn’t mean that this is an infection caused by high blood sugars. While people with uncontrolled diabetes are more inclined to get infections, a period of high blood sugar will not cause an infection itself.

17. porelovely says:

This is just horrible. I hope he is feeling better soon!

18. stephanie – you dont know jack about diabetes. type I is not a death sentence. and type II almost never goes away even after you lose weight. in fact most of the time type II changes over to type I in a great many of the diabetic patients (my self included).
    i started out as a type II over 35 years ago, seven to ten years later it progressed to type I and has been so for over 23 years so far (im now 58).
    and for what its worth that man being operated on doesnt look like thats a diabetic complication, that looks much more of a bug bite of some kind what with the necrosis of the skin later on there.

19. poor man my great grandfather gilbert was diabetic and before he passed his feet turned all the way black they were gunna cut them off and then he passed on he also had serious heart problems a total of 4 heart attacks in his life time this is a great find datentime smooches hugs and audie bear loves :)

20. captaincarbuncle says:

Yeah, diabetes is a horrific disease. It runs like wildfire in my family, and not just for the heavy ones. I have it, and have for several years. It is also an incredibly expensive disease, and I’m not just talking insulin or meds and needles, but testing machines and test strips and special shoes and constant blood panels and eye exams and dental checks and regular doctor appointments and foot care etc, etc. For those who simply can’t understand how people can’t keep it in check, guess what? Even with exercise and eating nothing with carbs ( a hard feat, let me tell you) your blood sugars can still rage out of control. And as far as it going away with the right foods and losing weight, well, I shriveled myself down 50 pounds after finding out I had it, and my blood sugars were worse than when I started. Maybe it works for some, but it didn’t for me (or my 145 pound uncle). Sigh, it’s the family curse for us, unfortunately and you just learn to deal with it. Hope this guy is feeling better.

21. l am a type 2 diabetic, so far controlled with diet alone. I also have peripheral neuropathy in my feet and legs. My biggest fear is getting a sore and my feet and I don’t feel it. Which of course could lead to an infection.

22. Yikes this is horrible… I can’t get over going around with that wound on his face! Any chance this gentleman has social issues? Homelessness? Which might interfere with monitoring sugars?