Eye-lid Bot Fly Removal Video

Bot fly removed from an eyelid. Anything eye related usually bothers me but if it involves a cyst or in this case, a bot fly, then I can watch….happily…..My first submission so hopefully I did it right :)

25 Comments on “Eye-lid Bot Fly Removal Video

1. I don’t do Bot Fly’s; however this video is very informative, good work, excellent–so different than the video’s showing these things being removed by dirty hand, nails and thrown on the ground. Thank you for the posting. I applauded you.

2. brandy24018 says:

i like botfly videos..however..eye botfly’s gross me out

3. Abscession says:

Wow. Killer vid.
    At the end I was horrified that the doc was going to push an eyelash into the person’s eye then when they woke up it would hurt like hell.

Then I remembered they’d been living with a worm in their eye…

1. Narration didn’t come through this end – so I wonder how a fly caused this. Was it in another country? I lived in the south with gnats and horse flies. The flies never tried biting my eye area.

1. That person was probably bit by a mosquito carrying bot fly eggs that were placed on it by the bot fly itself. Most videos show people getting bit in countries like Belize and Costa Rica. First time I’ve seen a bot fly larva removed from an eye. They’re mostly found on the outer parts of the body. Have you seen the video showing the guy having three larva being removed from his arm? He had been vacationing in Belize.

4. You all are so welcome! I was so excited to finally find a video that wasn’t already here!

5. Eyeball stuff just WEIRDS me out, I find nothing else more disturbing. Thanks for posting this, great find!

6. squeezeit says:

Yeah! Nice. Did you see how the sucker moved afterward? Usually they are already suffocated when they are pulled but I guess with the eyelid it is kind of hard to suffocate them… Fabulous!

7. alicewonders says:

Why hasn’t someone commented on the obvious yet!?? That living creature was clearly in danger — I thought the “doctor” (read: butcher) had heartlessly cut him in half and so you can imagine I was crying pretty hard, when through my tears, I saw him move. He Lives!! Thank the gods.

Still, I will be notifying PETA of this atrocity to a living feeling being.

8. tai mai shu says:

Nice use of a chalazion clamp to pull little “junior” out!
    If my boss EVER had to do a botfly removal in the eyelid- or any
    “worm”-type thing removal, I would either hurl, faint or both.
    I hate Maggots!

9. Thanks for the post. I’m not a big fan of bot fly vids, but this is VERY interesting.

10. mothereruption says:

Lauren, I thought @ first, this can’t be a bot fly in the eye, by god if it isn’t! I can’t imagine how painful and repulsive that must have been for the poor person. Thanks, this has to be one of the more unique vids. I’ve seen.

11. EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW! :O)

12. misslita143 says:

omfg! anything having to do with my eye totally freaks me out. watching needles being poked into eyes gives me the heebie jeebies! but i love the botflies! so im a rabid watcher of every video that is posted! great vid!

13. The doctor made the cut way bigger than was needed, the last third of the cut was just a slice , made no sence

14. GunkRockGirl says:

oh my god… I can stomach a lot, but that…

HOLY zit.

15. That may be the most disturbing thing I have seen to date. And I watch alot of screwed up stuff.

16. Great vid!! Loved it :)

But I would have liked to see her eyelid before the op!
    That should’ve been annoying as hell….We just have an hair in the eye and its annoying as hell;could you imagine a botfly???
    With all their toxic juice they are producing.Plus,the botfly coming out once in a while to take a breath….ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ;p

That was a great post @Lauren

17. Will someone please explain to me how you can get a bot fly in your eye. I can understand getting bot flies on other areas of the body. But OMG the eye lid. Very interesting, and makes for a nice watch. DwS

1. Katie Hernandez says:

I agree with what she said :) and I would think you would notice a lump in your eyelid pretty quickly . . .

18. ommmg zit damn ok having a bad acid flashback again damn permafried brain of mine ahhhhhhhhhhh

19. Man I hope that they were put under… the thought of them coming at my eye sends chills down my spine. Pretty cool procedure though!!!

20. eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

I have never cringed at a PTZ video until now. eeeeeeeeeeewwwww

I have rubbed my eyes several times, so far no bot flies. eeeeeeewwwwwww

I am going to invest in some kind of bot fly eye protector for this coming summer. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww

I figure I have just over 6 month to prepare myself. eeeeeeeeeeeewwwww

21. I’m with you, Twinz – Argh!! Great post, Lauren!

Love this new look!